Welcome to LouisianaDriversLicense.org
We are here to simplify the process of obtaining your Louisiana drivers license by providing you with up-to-date information and assisting you with all the necessary steps to getting your license as quickly as possible. We will make sure you are prepared with everything you need to know, what you need to bring, and where you need to go for all your drivers license needs.
It is against Louisiana state law to drive with an expired license. You can renew your license before your license expires. Read more
Changing Your Address on Your Louisiana Driver License
Louisiana law requires that you update your address information as it changes. Read more
Replacing Your Louisiana Driver License
If you are in Louisiana , may need to visit a driver license office and apply for a duplicate driver license. Read more
Getting a New Louisiana Driver License
If you have never been issued a driver license in any state, the state of Louisiana requires that you complete a state approved Drivers Education course. Read more
Getting Your Louisiana Learner's Permit
Once you have completed state approved Louisiana Drivers Education course, all new Louisiana drivers will need to understand the laws and rules, required classes, and tests the state of Louisiana requires new drivers to take. Read more
Louisiana Driver's Ed
Louisiana state law requires that all first time Louisiana drivers successfully complete a state approved Drivers Education course prior to applying for a driver license. Read more
Changing Your Name on Your Louisiana Driver License
you will need to provide an acceptable document to establish your current full name. Examples include a marriage certificate, dissolution of marriage, adoption or name change document that shows your current name. Read more
Many drivers' license services may be processed online. Check out the Driver License Easy Guide™ to assist you with driver license services that may be handled online. If you have received a notification from the Louisiana OMV, check your notification to see if you are able to submit your requests online.If it is necessary for you to visit an OMV office, read these 10 helpful tips:
1. Find the closest OMV office.
2. Confirm the office hours.
3. Appointments are available at all offices for faster service.
4. Avoid Mondays and Fridays, the best day to visit the office is mid-week.
5. Avoid the 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. hours as they tend to be busy due to the lunch break.
6. Avoid the first and last day of the month.
7. Avoid the day after a holiday.
8. Come prepared with all required documentation to complete your service.
9. Print and fill out your forms prior to visiting your OMV.
10. If you have any questions, concerns, or special circumstances contact your nearby Driver license office prior to heading over.